Sunday, May 10, 2009

On Friday my mom told me last minute that I was going to attend a talk at Shangri-La with (OMG) Mark Mobius as one of the speakers. Yes, and it was a school day and I was dressed in what? A t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops. So I rushed to orchard road to get myself at least a pair of heels. Tried very hard to find a proper top but I couldn't find one that I really liked. But in my hurry, I didn't try on the heels properly. And it was super painful!!! Standing still and climbing/ going down the stairs were quite okay, but the walking was plain torture. But it was a happy sacrifice, apart on gaining more exposure/ insight from the talk, I love being in heels. Gives me an 'edge' over others. Haha. And good thing I got my heels, practically everyone there was dressed formally, I felt so under dressed, THANK GOODNESS I wasn't in flip-flops.

Then on Saturday I wore those heels again to go shopping for a mother's day gift as well as to do some research for my Marketing project. I mean, yeah, those shoes cost $90, pretty sacrifice-able, but since I already bought them, might as well use them, otherwise my mum will complain about it being another one of my only-worn-once-and-never-again shoes haha. I should go put those on sale.
I went and did some shopping at Body Shop and ended up spending more than $130, luckily I'm a member then got discount. After that I asked the sales assistant if I could take a few pictures for my project and she gave me a flat 'NO'. -_________________-
Luckily the wonderful brother of mine helped me to get almost all the brochures in the shop=)
Bought some stuff from body shop and this pretty little basket thing with 10 roses, other small flowers and a cute teddy bear in the centre for my mom.

After dinner. went to RTC and watched Red Cliff 2, then went for supper.. By the time we got home it was already 12+ so I gave my mom her presents and yeah she was pleased.

AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY??
My mom found out the price of the presents -______- She got the price of the flowers because I got them from the florist near my house. AND I BEING THE STUPID NINCOMPOOP THAT I AM, FORGOT TO PEEL THE PRICE TAGS OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLES.
And my mom went like, no need for you to spend 90+ dollars on presents for me, just giving me a carnation will do. Aiya, all mums are like that, got to act practical, but I think they're all very pleased on the inside. WHO DOESN'T LOVE PRESENTS?

To end it off, WISHING ALL MOTHERS OUT THERE A VERY HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY =)

No comments: